Thursday, May 8, 2008

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice...


Well, here's the comparison. In the blue we have Becca five months pregnant in February 2006 with little boy 'Z'. Next, we have Becca in black (it's my favorite pregnancy top!) in May 2008 again five months pregnant only with a little girl, whose name (and pseudonym) have yet to be chosen! Notice I'm barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen no less. Anyways, if you didn't catch it, we're having a girl! I got to see her for the first time today and even with a 2D ultrasound, she's beautiful! We can't wait to meet her! Ben is happy too. So, the homeostasis (a girl dog, boy dog, Daddy, Mommy, son, daughter) can return now with this child. Wouldn't want to be uneven now would we?

I have many many pictures of last week in Tennessee. We had a great time and have lots of stories to share. Our plane rides went well enough. The way there was much harder with so many people on the plane, Z had to stay on my lap the whole time. I whipped out snack after snack, activity after activity, whew! I was exhausted by the end. On the return flight I had an empty seat next to me and my parents across the aisle. My Dad held Z for the second half of the flight! What a relief! Check back in a few days for pictures from my camera, my Dad's and my mom's! Yeah, it's a lot of pictures. You don't have to watch the whole slideshow if you don't want...

7 comments:

Nicki said...

A girl!! YAY!! That is sooo exciting!

I can't wait to see your pictures... I don't think our camera has even made it out of the car yet!

Kristin said...

You look great!

Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

You look SO good!!! Congrats on the girl news!!!! I of course, have to knit something girlie for you. I couldn't resist, even if I wanted to. :)

Deanne said...

I was just thinking today that I needed to check your blog to see if you had posted any gender news! How exciting to know you're having a girl. What fun it will be to dress your little doll in sweet little girly clothes....at least that is how I felt about my girls (and I'm not a girly girl so this was strange for me). :) Have fun dreaming and waiting for your baby.

Laura said...

A girl! That's great! We love being the parents of a girl - of course, we love being the parents of boys, too, so that worked out well. I'm sure she'll be a blast (they're like a whole different species!) and you and Ben and Ezra will have a ball with her. I'm pretty sure all the grandparents will enjoy her too!

Homeostasis, huh? Maybe that's what we need around here - a girl dog. Hmmmm. I'll have to try that on Joel and see if it works.

You sound like SuperMom on the plane - I'm glad your parents were there to help you out. And we're definitely looking forward to all the pictures!

Jennifer said...

Oh, congratulations, Becca!!!!!!!!!! I thought you'd have a girl this time around, but whenever I think that, I figure it's just because that's how mine were - a boy and then a girl. It's a great combo! I'm so happy for you guys and can't wait to hear her name!

Stephanie said...

Whoo hoo! Hooray for a girl! :)