Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A horse, of course!

Good news! My friend gets to come home from the hospital today! She must be walking on her own, as that was the criteria to get to leave. Thank you for your on-going prayers for a speedy recovery and for her to maintain her determined and positive attitude. She's a trooper!


Last week we all got our voices back from being a little hoarse, and we filled our week with a different kind of horse! On Monday, our friends Laurie and Darrell had us over to visit with their horses. Z was happier to have Daddy on with him than being by himself.

Z brushing PeaBo

On Tuesday we went to SkyView Ranch in Millersburg with our play group and all the kids got to ride horses and take a haystack ride. That's our Z riding below. He went around twice by himself and didn't want to get off!

I believe it was on Thursday we took a lovely walk in our back yard and met some of the neighbor's horses. Ben started calling Z, "the horse-whisperer" as he has such a way with the horses.

Yesterday, Ben and I flew to Butler County, PA for the day. My mom suggested it and she watched the kids for us. It was a lot of fun to get out and do something out of the ordinary. It was a beautiful day for flying and seeing the last of the Fall colors. Before we got too far, Ben flew me over our new house. Our last home was in the middle of downtown and it was always hard to determine which street and which house it was from the air. I figured this one out all by myself! We're at the top of the horse-shoe soy bean field. You can even see the horse farm with the pond on the bottom left of the picture.
The farmer behind us just plowed the soybeans today which reminds me that it's time to record a new answering machine message. Yes, these things go together for me, you see. Just a bit of history, here's my old message from our last house (I never did add Juju):

We are the Wigtons, through and through
And though it's inconvenient to you,
We seem to be off gallivanting around,
that or we're laying little 'Z' down,

We've done told you who you've reached,
Now do your part just after the beep.


When we moved, I thought this was a fitting message:

This is the country! Where we live now!
We'd be out making hay, but we don't know how!
We're thrilled you called, in case you can't tell.
We'll ring you back or you can call our cell.

So, now I'm more schooled in the ways of country living and to say we'd be out making hay in the middle of winter is just plain silly. So, I really must come up with another message. Especially now that the soy beans in our back yard have dried and are finally being harvested. I really must think these things through next time and save myself some trouble. :-)

No comments: