Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Our first big trip as a family!

The first week of January we took a trip down to Tennessee, where I was born, to visit my grandparents there. We left just before dinnertime, so as to maximize our sleep when we got there nine hours later and also enjoy half of the drive with the kids asleep. They were fabulous travelers, we were quite surprised! We celebrated my grandpa's birthday together, below Grandma is helping the kids make decorations for the party.
After the party there was much dancing and celebration:
On Sunday we got up and went to church. We were shocked at how cold and windy it was, it felt like we were still in Ohio! We made sure to take family pictures with everybody dressed up.
Except that during a lesson (for my Grandma) on how to delete pictures from one's new digital camera, I accidentally deleted all those pretty pictures. Oh well. We took some more right before we left for Ohio.
We had a lovely time and can't wait to go back again soon! Now that my parents, who have lived overseas for 21 years recently bought a house in Tennessee, I do believe we'll be going back quite often, though they won't be living there full time for about three more years. Once my grandparents in Iowa sell their house, they plan to move there too, which will be amazing to have my parents and grandparents from both sides living all in one place, since that's NEVER happened before in my lifetime!

No comments: