Thursday, April 5, 2007

Peek-A-Boo

Oh, how we enjoyed the lovely weather! Tuesday we packed up lunch, met Daddy at the airport and had a picnic among the tie downs. Then, we put sun lotion on the baby and the dogs and went for a stroll around the taxi way before heading home. We'd been going on about two walks a day until yesterday. Now it's snowing. I'm trying to be as thankful for the Spring snowfalls as I am the sunny days in Winter. Here's some pics I took on one of our walks before Winter came back to play "Peek-A-Boo".

Loved these pink clouds!

Our courthouse, two blocks from our house.
Here's Z in an outfit from his Great Great Grandma Grosvenor who lives in Iowa. We're going back to see her next month, but I'm not sure this outfit will still fit him by then. I love the retro look! Check out the furniture walking!
On Tuesday we were playing on the floor and Z just stood up unassisted and sat back down after a couple seconds. Then he did it again and fell back onto his bottom. My eyes welled up, I couldn't believe he just stood up by himself! What a big boy!!!

Also, our ex-foster-daughter, Kim, is having a BOY! Check out the 3-D ultrasound pics on her website sometime, and leave her a comment while you're there!

Finally, I just have to share a couple recipes that Chrisie gave me a month ago when I was in a pinch for dinner. They go well together, but not necessary together as they are both divine in their own right. I've honestly made each of these at least half a dozen times in the last month. I really really love them!


Baked Potato Soup:
3 lbs chopped potatos (I leave the skins on)
1T. butter
1c. chopped onion (I use leeks)
2T. garlic
14 oz. (2 c.) chicken broth
3 c. milk
3 t. salt (I use garlic, celery and sea salt 1t. each)
1/2 t. thyme
1 bay leaf
pepper to taste
1 can Cream of Cheddar (I use cream of celery)

Combine and cook till tender. Toppings: bacon bits, chives, sour cream. I haven't needed any toppings or crackers yet, this is so good just on it's own! Sometimes I blend it at the end a bit to make it thicker.
-----------------------------------------------
Beer Bread:
1 1/2 c. white flour
1 1/2 c. wheat flour
4 1/2 t. baking powder
1 1/2 t. salt
1/3 c. brown sugar
1 - 12oz beer (I use Hornsby's Hard Apple Cider - Crisp Apple)

Mix dry ingredients, pour in beer, gently mix. Flour spray pan, top with a little melted butter and kosher salt. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes.


Thank you, Chrisie, for sharing such wonderful goodness!

5 comments:

kimmy said...

hey thanks!!! so i found out that what i have is thrust.. pauls mom told me... she said from taking all those antibodtics it killed all the good bacteria so i gotta eat yoguart!!

talk to you later.. love kim

Unknown said...

Cool cloud pics. So glad you are enjoying those recipes. They're a couple of our favs.

Deanne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matthew Sebree said...

Nice clouds...you should start a cloud site :)