Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Five days old


The cute bunny footed fleece outfit from Grandpa W. It's a favorite around here!
I just love her toes!

This was the "moment" my friends have been telling me would come.
The moment I would realize that my little Z was no longer a baby.

The hard working grandmother, taking a Juju break. She's been thrown into the life of caring for a toddler, cooking meals, cleaning, and laundry. I think we've thoroughly exhausted her, but you'd never know it!
I'm finding it hard to update this and nap when the kids nap too. Juju still sleeps a ton which is great. We had our first doctor appt. today and Juju was 7 lb. 10 oz which was how big Z was when he was born. I have lots to share, keep checking back for little bits and pics when you get a chance!

One quick story of "the night" that still makes me laugh. By the time I got to the hospital it was around 1am and I was still in early enough labor that I could talk and laugh in between contractions (then 3 minutes apart). They made us "check in" when we got there and the lady asked me all sorts of questions and had me sign some paperwork in my hormonal stupor. She had just asked me if I was married and I affirmed I was, when she asked who Ben was. I found the question so ridiculous, I couldn't help myself and answered slightly incredulously, "Umm, my lover?" Of course, I found my answer much funnier than she did and laughed till I cried. Just about then my mother-in-law shows up, probably wondering if I had gotten her out of bed for nothing. For the record, Ben felt the need to tell the lady he was indeed my husband. Which I also found hilarious. The woman never cracked a smile...which made the whole thing even funnier.

6 comments:

Nicki said...

She is just so precious! I need to get a lot better at napping, I plan on practicing more tomorrow!

The Peacock Pearl said...

that's funny. when i went in with annabelle, i waited quite a while before going to the hospital. when i checked in and told them the contractions were around 4 minutes apart everyone literally went crazy and started running around like chickens with their heads cut off, it was hillarious (but of course at the time it just irritated me). :) silly hospital people!

Anonymous said...

Ah! I love that hospital story. Thanks for the chuckle. :)

That picture of the two kids together... I think that is a moment that all new parents of two experience. Isn't it just a profound feeling to realize that this little person you thought was still a baby really isn't so much anymore?

Your mom looks so happy. I am really happy for you that she is able to do that for your family.

Laura said...

She's beautiful! Isn't it an amazing act of God's grace toward us, these children He allows us the gift of shepherding through life? Z 'seems' so big next to her, but he's still just a little guy, too! It goes way too fast.

I loved your hospital night story. People should be required to have at least a small sense of humor to work with hormonal women.

Anonymous said...

She's darling.... Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

~Co