Monday, December 29, 2008

Happy New Year Indeed!

Guess what?!!?!? We paid off Ben's school loan!!! We still have mine to pay off, but then we'll be free of debt that's not a mortgage. My loan is currently deferred since I'm not working, so we plan to focus on our savings for a bit until we have at least three months worth of paychecks saved up, right now we have almost a month and a half's worth. Our hope is to buy the next car outright and hopefully it won't take up all of our savings. Then, we'll decide if we need to replenish the savings or dive into paying off my school loan. We'd like to be completely debt free by age 35, that's only three years away though, so it's a bit ambitious as my school loan is HUGE...like $30,000 huge. I'll start a ticker for that when we start paying on it. I love tickers, they so motivate me!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!! I'm sure that is an AWESOME feeling.

We also plan to buy our next car outright. What's hard for us is that we only have one car, but want to switch to two. I want it YESTERDAY, but am trying hard to have patience.

Imagine the weight that will be off your shoulders, once that 30K of debt is gone!!! It will be so freeing. :)

Anonymous said...

Great BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! from admirers down South.

Anonymous said...

You are writing some interesting and Best content i also bookmark this url....You guys are writing some Amazing tips. This article really helped me a lot. Thanks for sharing this. Totally Awesome Post Please Keep Posting Regulary... you are totally awesome...
Amazon-Coupons
Paytm-Coupons
Myntra-Coupons
Jabong-Coupons
Makemytrip-Coupons

Tony Stark said...

You are writing some interesting and Best content I also bookmark this URL...You guys are writing some Amazing tips. This article really helped me a lot. Thanks for sharing this. Totally Awesome Post Please Keep Posting Regularly... you are totally awesome...
Top 10 Best Coupons Site In The World

Tony Stark said...

You are writing some interesting and Best content i also bookmark this url. You guys are writing some Amazing tips. This article really helped me a lot. Thanks for sharing this. Totally Awesome Post Please Keep Posting Regulary. You are totally awesome.
Dronex pro
Dronex pro reviews

Itachi Uchicha said...

Thanks for sharing such a great blog... I am impressed with you taking time to post a nice info.
fixd-reviews
photostick review
superboost wifi booster
xone phone review
gx smartwatch review
dronex pro review