Saturday, October 10, 2009

On the back of the barley package I saw this yummy looking recipe. When we had some rhubarb that needed used as it wasn't enough to freeze for a pie, I did a little research. After reading tons of rhubarb recipes, I came back to this barley pudding recipe and altered it to go with rhubarb. My recipe for Rhubarb Barley Meal (it's more like oatmeal than a pudding) is:
1 cup stewed rhubarb
2 cups cooked barley
1/4 c. maple syrup
1/2 t. powdered ginger
1/2 t. curry powder
2 eggs

I omitted the lemon juice and followed the recipe as above only with my ingredients. So far, I'm the only one in our family to even try the stuff, but I like it! I did make a boo boo though, and cooked two cups of barley, which makes much more than two cups of cooked barley. My new friend, Elizabeth, who visited from Utah this week was brave enough to try it and sweet enough to say she liked it!

I learned of Elizabeth on our friend's blog. Turns out she's an expert knitter. I just LOVE knitters! I have several friends who knit and I just think they're AMAZING!!! You know who you are! I can knit and purl...scarves and wash cloths! That's it! Beyond that I'm lost. Besides I'm super duper slow. All of my knitter friends/relatives are SO fast! Here's Elizabeth at work with four needles! This just boggles my mind! I didn't cut her head off on purpose, I was just mesmerized by the four needles!
Here's a cutie pie bunny she made and here's the link to the free pattern.
A darling toy elephant! Here's the link to the free pattern.

Here's the hat she made herself for this winter and
the scarf she made our friend Matt for Christmas last year! It was nice meeting you, Elizabeth! Thanks for visiting!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for meeting friends in person, and HUGE yay that she is a knitter. I like her already. :)

Matthew Sebree said...

Thanks for giving my lovely lady some air time on your blog.