Wednesday, January 9, 2008

It's January?

This picture was taken this morning while watching Curious George. He loves the part at the end where George plays peek-a-boo during the credits.

Monday at the park. Yesterday was 70 degrees, setting record highs.

I'd like for you all to think my son is so brilliant that he's mimicking the flapping of wings here, but I think I just caught a picture of him scratching his armpit. He does like to say "duckie" though, even though these are mostly Canadian Geese.

A new favorite for dealing with old bananas. See below...
My sister-in-law, Debbi, was over a couple weeks ago and suggested we make some chocolate chip banana cookies with the rotting bananas on my counter. So, we looked a recipe up online and tried it out. We happened to find a winner. Today I made them a second time and they were even better than the first. We put four bananas in both times which made about a cup and a half of mashed bananas. I like recipes that have a lot of baking powder in them, it makes for a fun texture. Also, this recipe makes big puffy cookies which my husband's family is really into.

In other news, I'm becoming skilled at putting a diaper on a vertical moving target. Naptimes and nighttimes are improving. We haven't duplicated the six hour contiguous sleep since I blogged about it, but Mr. Z (aka "Digger", "Bugars", "Captain Destructo" or "Buddy"), has been resigning himself (usually) to the new system where either Daddy or Mommy takes him upstairs and rocks and reads him to sleep. We have successfully weaned from all daytime nursing including right before bed, which is progress as I'm ready to be done. Upon the advice of my fellow nursing friend, Jennifer, we've decided to go with a twin bed instead of a toddler bed as that allows us to lay down with him as needed. We think putting him in his own bed will help him sleep longer because often we're the reason he's not sleeping for six hours straight, also, it should be less tempting to nurse if the "ladies" aren't right there next to him in our family bed. His bed will still be in our room, so it'll just be one big bed filled room. For safety reasons our mattress has been directly on the floor for quite a while. It's quite a picture. I heard the Jolie-Pitt family had a 10 foot bed specially made for them as they do family bed with all four of theirs. I wonder if theirs is on the floor too. It will be when Shiloh falls out, I betcha!

Ben has had probably the busiest winter in ten years at his business at the airport. His avionics shop is bursting at the seams. He hired his first full time employee last year to ease the load. His Christmas bonus this year came in the form of a 12 string Ovation guitar that he found on e-bay. It arrives today and we're excited!

Welp, I need to get ready for Mommy Group (that's what the cookies are for). Oh, I neglected to mention last time that if you click on the slideshow on the upper right it gets bigger so you can actually see the pictures. Visit Wiglife again next week for two new "Becca's Favorite Things," and the premier of "Learn to Drive, People!" and "Money for Nuthin'", you'll love 'em!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm glad things are getting better with sleeping. I didn't realize your mattress was on the floor! That's even better! Can't wait to try those cookies!

Unknown said...

The cookies look yummy! I hope you will soon be getting more sleep in longer stretches.