Friday, September 4, 2009

When did our little girl get so big? She'll turn one year old this month!
Play VisualTour
Above is a sample of what's been keeping me so busy! Yes, Juju too, but my computer time has been zapped by my new job. Right now I'm working on a super cool historical home in Zoar, Ohio. I took almost 200 pictures of it because it was so beautiful and now I'm sifting through them to make the tour. For those that don't know, virtual tours are not videos of the home, but rather panoramic pictures of a room stitched together with software then they just pan the still shot so it looks like a video. Stitching software is awesome, you just upload the pictures and it pretty much does the rest. I'm learning to better take pictures for stitching, you have to overlap 20-30% of the edge of the picture and if you tilt the camera at all it doesn't work. I probably would benefit from using a tripod, but it's working fairly well to just wear contacts, use the view finder and hold the camera against my face for stability.

I had my first paid staging consultation on Monday. It was difficult actually because the home owner actually had cleaned well and had bought lots of fancy decorations. She graciously accepted my suggestions on defluffing her home. I'm NOT a decorator. What I do is equip sellers with the knowledge to sell their home for the maximum profit for the least amount of expense. So, I have a standard list of tips I hand out that I wrote myself and then I go through their home and write personalized ideas to better stage their home for sale, most of which are free for them to do. Decorating implicates artistic creation and I mostly deconstruct and tell people they have too much stuff. Very different.

Just as a disclaimer, if I ever come to your home, reader, or you come to mine, I'm not examining your home in this fashion any more than I'm trying to counsel you every time I talk to you, I'm helping people try to sell their homes, that's it. I like to think that I'm putting seven years of higher education in psychology to work when I go into a home and see it from a buyers perspective. The counseling part comes in when I try to convey my thoughts to the seller. That's an art, let me tell ya!


Mr. Big Boy Pants is doing spendidly! I'm so proud of him! He was telling us he needed to go just a few days after we started training. He rarely has accidents, except in the #2 department. That's a hurdle we're still working on. We weaned him from the dollar store presents by telling him he only gets presents for poopies now. Let me clarify: Poopies IN the potty. He's motivated, there's just something scary about it still and he's holding it for 3 days at a time. Yesterday, I think Ben thought I was being too pushy trying to make Z try to poop on the pot, so I said, "Are you going to clean it up if he poops in his pants?" He thought about it awhile and he told Z that if he pooped in his pants he'd clean him off with the hose outside and it'd be cold! That's probably exactly what he needs! Maybe I'll try that if he goes today.

Now, on that note, have a lovely day and when you go potty, just take a moment to be thankful that somebody taught you how!

{quick update}
I no more had clicked "publish" on this post and Z told me he needed to go potty and whaddaya know? He got his first present in a week! If he keeps this up, the whole earth and all it's landfills will breathe a giant sigh of relief. Here's hoping!

2 comments:

Deanne said...

How cool Becca!!! I love how the Lord just led you to this job (or both of them actually!).

oh, and next time I go potty, I'll be sure to mentally thank my mother for teaching me how! ;)

Anonymous said...

Nice job on the visual tour. Makes me want to buy the house.

Debbie Emerson
(Stephanie's mom)