Thursday, August 30, 2007

Veggie Tales

I have so many different Zerbik thoughts going around in my head right now, this is just the most recent and easiest to get down. I am planning a series on Ayurveda to share with the world the cool things I've learned about that, but it's taking a bit of preparation and research.

We were watching, "A Snoodle's Tale," from our Veggie Tale collection and I loved how the little Snoodle came into the world with wings and a back-pack with paints and a horn. The message of the show was that God loves you and has a plan for your life, and that although others use the gifts they've been given to hurt others, God gave them those gifts to enjoy life and bring glory to Him.

I was thinking about that little Snoodle coming into the world with his paints and horn and wings, and got thinking about what gifts God gave me. I could give you a million reasons why I don't draw, paint or sing much these days, but this little Veggie Tale reminded me that whether or not I'm any good at these things isn't the point, it's using them to glorify God that matters. So, why can't I paint a picture just for Him and not worry about what anyone else thinks? It's hard to make time sometimes, but that too is another excuse I've given for not getting around to it. I share this in hopes that you'll consider making time or gather the courage to do something you know you're meant to do (make a joyful noise, a craft, cooking, baking, scrapbooking, writing letters, photography, you fill in the blank...) just for Him, because you love Him.

No comments: